Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm off to try to make this...

I love Kettle Corn, something about the sweetness and just how good it really is. I love going to the fair or farmers markets and getting a huge bag of this. Heaven. And, if I can make it at home, even better!


Kettle Corn

INGREDIENTS:

1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1/4 cup sugar
Salt to taste

DIRECTIONS:

In a large pot with a lid, add oil and three kernels of popcorn. Turn on the heat and cover the pot. Listen carefully - when the third kernel pops your oil is ready.

Add the rest of the popcorn and the sugar. Give it a quick stir to combine and fully coat. Cover the pan and shake gently (using potholders) over medium-high heat, leaving the lid slightly ajar to allow steam to escape from popping kernels. Remove the pan from the heat when the popping stops and carefully pour the popped kernels into a large bowl. Season with salt to taste (about 1-2 teaspoons).

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever make this? DH bought some microwave kettle corn but it contains artificial sweetener so I won't eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did make it, and it wasn't too bad, I would have added a little more sugar so it would be sweeter, but, all in all, not to bad.
    Let me know if you try it and how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete